The Governor’s Western Residence provided a magnificent setting for the Potluck on September 17th. The sun came out just as the event started and it turned out to be a sensational evening on the mountain. There was a great response to the invitation and the guests provided a fabulous assortment of food and engaging conversation. Many thanks to all who participated to make this such a memorable occasion.
The Asheville Symphony Guild is a volunteer organization which raises funds in support of the outstanding Asheville Symphony Orchestra. Learn more about us.
“Classical and Classy”
Celebrate the beginning of fall with the classics – classic cars, classical music, and the joy of wine. Take the short trip to the Burntshirt Winery. There you will see a collection of classic American and European cars, taste a variety of wines, have a delicious lunch, and enjoy a concert by our own Asheville Symphony musicians. Fill all of your senses this afternoon!
As you arrive, the cars will be on display. Feel free to enjoy a glass of wine and spend as much time as you like viewing the cars and talking with their owners, all members of three local car clubs. The wine tasting comes next, with four different wines to savor. A buffet lunch follows, complemented by wine and soft beverages.
To cap the afternoon, a concert not to be missed, featuring our own ASO musicians. This woodwind quintet is a very special opportunity for Guild members and friends!
As an attendee at this event, you will be able to purchase wine at a discount. An optional tour of the winery will be made available.
Date: Saturday, October 2, 2021
Time: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Cost: $75.00 per person
Venue: Burntshirt Winery, near Hendersonville. Carpooling can easily be arranged.
Renewing your Guild membership is one of the best ways you can support the Asheville Symphony family as we move forward.
Your membership supports:
- Asheville Symphony Orchestra musicians and staff
- Asheville Symphony Guild’s Music in the Schools program
- The Asheville Symphony Youth Orchestra
One main benefit of Guild membership is early, exclusive access to purchase tickets to our Musical Feasts program, our major fundraiser for the symphony. Feasts are a wonderful way to enjoy unique aspects of our mountain home, make new friends, and socialize with friends of long-standing.
The Asheville Symphony Guild is very proud of all it has been able to accomplish during this past pandemic year. Thanks to all of you, our members, we have been able to:
- conduct two special fundraisers and hold five Musical Feasts. The proceeds are donated directly to Symphony programs and activities.
- provide direct input, as well as monetary support, to the new virtual Music in the Schools program, which will reach all elementary students in Asheville City and Buncombe County schools. Ultimately, this program will become available to students in virtually every educational setting in our entire region.
- participate in the selection process for the new executive director of the Asheville Symphony, Daniel Crupi.
- maintain direct communication with you, our members, through a series of postcards, this periodic electronic newsletter, and our continually updated website.
- continue to plan ahead for this new year. Look for our September potluck at the Governor’s Western Residence on September 17, new Guild programs tied in to the Symphony performances, and an entire series of new Musical Feasts.
Thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to rebuilding our Symphony Guild community activities and sharing beautiful music together.