Join the Guild, Become Part of a Legacy
The Asheville Symphony Guild is a volunteer organization which raises funds in support of our outstanding Asheville Symphony Orchestra.
The Guild provides support in three ways:
- Musical Feasts. These wonderful parties/events/ happenings provide an opportunity to make friends, enjoy great music and share fabulous meals together. And all the money raised goes to support our Symphony. The Feasts are planned, hosted and paid for by Guild members.
- Music in the Schools. The Guild sponsored Music in the Schools Program provides music education programs to all Buncombe County 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders. These programs introduce, educate and foster the love of music in elementary school children.
- Music Ambassadors. Our Music Ambassadors promote and serve at activities and events sponsored by both the Guild and the Asheville Symphony.
Since its founding, the Guild has provided over $1 million to support the Asheville Symphony Orchestra.
Why Join the Asheville Symphony Guild?
If you love music and wish to share that love with others, you will thoroughly enjoy being a member of the Guild. By joining you will:
- become a valued partner in supporting the Asheville Symphony, its commitment to the community and educational outreach.
- experience deep satisfaction as you share your talents and skills while volunteering in our programs.
- establish new friendships and strengthen existing relationships, all while serving the community.
The Guild was founded by Mimi Cecil and Charlotte Lunsford in 1965 to provide financial support to the Asheville Symphony Orchestra.
2018-19 Guild Executive Board
- President: B.A. Schenk
- President Elect: Sarah Van Gunten
- Vice President: Gayle Hanley
- Corresponding Secretary: Honey Solomon
- Recording Secretary: Sylvia Cassel
- Treasurer: Otis Philbrick
- Advisor: Mary Kirby
- Executive Director – David Whitehill
- Hospitality – Bebe Landis
- Membership & Database – Judi Barr
- Music Education & Music Ambassadors – Open
- Musical Feasts – Kathy Dambach & Nancy Gettys