Join the Guild, Become Part of a Legacy
The Asheville Symphony Guild is a volunteer organization which raises funds in support of the outstanding the Asheville Symphony Orchestra.
The Guild provides its support in three ways:
- Through our Musical Feasts we sponsor fundraising activities throughout the community which promote music, build and encourage friendships and enhance music enjoyment.
- With our Music in the Schools Program we provide music education programs to area schools which introduce, educate and foster the love of music to elementary school children.
- Our Music Ambassadors promote and serve at activities and events sponsored by both the Guild and the Asheville Symphony.
The Guild was founded by Mimi Cecil and Charlotte Lunsford in 1965 to provide financial support to the Asheville Symphony Orchestra. Since its founding, the Guild has provided over $1 million to support the Asheville Symphony Orchestra.
Why Join the Asheville Symphony Guild?
If you love music and wish to share that love with others, you will thoroughly enjoy being a member of the Guild. By joining you will:
- become a valued partner in supporting the Asheville Symphony’s history of musical excellence, commitment to the community and educational outreach.
- increase your appreciation of all types of music played by musicians of the Symphony and share in the incredible growth of our Youth Orchestras talent and musical ability.
- experience deep satisfaction as you share your talents and skills while volunteering in our programs.
- establish new friendships and strengthen existing relationships, all while serving the community.
Membership in the Asheville Symphony Guild is fun and affordable, providing numerous ways to contribute to the community, share your love of music, touch the lives of children and establish and share friendship with others.
Why should you volunteer? Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization, integral to our success and legacy. We’ve tailored our programs and activities to our dedicated volunteer’s multiple interests and varying schedules. It’s easy to get involved in the following ways:
- Musical Feasts – fundraising group responsible for organizing 20+ events each season. Help organize a fundraising feast to support our Orchestra.
- Music in the Schools – our music education program in the elementary schools
- Music Ambassadors – helping at concerts and events for our Symphony, Youth Orchestra Programs, MusicWorks! Program.
2018-19 Guild Executive Board
- President: B.A. Schenk
- President Elect: Sarah Van Gunten
- Vice President: Gayle Hanley
- Corresponding Secretary: Honey Solomon
- Recording Secretary: Sylvia Cassel
- Treasurer: Otis Philbrick
- Advisor: Mary Kirby
- Executive Director – David Whitehill
- Hospitality – Bebe Landis
- Membership & Database – Judi Barr
- Music Education & Music Ambassadors – Open
- Musical Feasts – Kathy Dambach & Nancy Gettys