Join the Guild, Become Part of a Legacy
The Asheville Symphony Guild is a volunteer organization which raises funds in support of our outstanding Asheville Symphony Orchestra. The Guild also focuses on music education for the young people in our community.
Membership in the Asheville Symphony Guild is fun and affordable, providing numerous ways to contribute to the community, share your love of music, touch the lives of children and establish and share friendship with others. Please join us and become part of the legacy!
Why Join the Asheville Symphony Guild?
- become a valued partner in supporting the Asheville Symphony, its commitment to the community and educational outreach.
- know that you are educating children as they learn about classical music and symphonic instruments. Protect the future of the music we love!
- experience deep satisfaction as you share your talents and skills while volunteering in our programs.
- establish new friendships and strengthen existing relationships, all while serving the community.
Exclusive Benefits for Guild Members
- Exclusive access to purchase the great Musical Feast parties 3 weeks before anyone else.
- An opportunity to attend a Saturday morning Symphony rehearsal to see how the concert is put together for that evening.
- Special Guild Programs, generally held on the Thursday before the concert.
- The September Guild Potluck
- The annual Guild Gathering in May
The Guild provides support in three ways:
- Musical Feasts. These wonderful parties/events/ happenings provide an opportunity to make friends, enjoy great music and share fabulous meals together. And all the money raised goes to support our Symphony. The Feasts are planned, hosted and paid for by Guild members.
- Music in the Schools. The Guild-sponsored Music in the Schools Program provides music education programs to all Buncombe County and Asheville City second, third, fourth, and fifth graders. These programs introduce, educate and foster the love of music in elementary school children.
- Music Ambassadors. Our Music Ambassadors volunteer to help at activities and events sponsored by both the Guild and the Asheville Symphony.
Since its founding, the Guild has provided over $1 million to support the Asheville Symphony Orchestra.
The Guild was founded by Mimi Cecil and Charlotte Lunsford in 1965 to provide financial support to the Asheville Symphony Orchestra.
2021-2022 Asheville Symphony Guild Board
President – Sue Luther
President Elect – Betty Fox
Vice President – Robin Harben
Corresponding Secretary – Honey Solomon
Recording Secretary – Sylvia Cassel
Treasurer – Otis Philbrick
Past President – Sarah Van Gunten
Hospitality – Nancy Gettys and Pam Prosser
Membership – Sharron Davis
Music in the Schools – Nan Murphy and Sarah Reincke
Musical Feasts – Rhonda Grimes
Programs – Sarah Van Gunten
Executive Director – Daniel Crupi